Sunday, April 3, 2011

The biggest DISASTER of a Vacation ever!!!!


You are probably wondering why there is a pic of a hotel. Well it all started when I got tired of staying at home (beginning of February) so I thought I would go on a fun road trip with the boys and drive to Danyelle's in Missouri. What I didn't know is that i was heading right for the winter storm of the century! I got stuck 3 times and kind people helped me get out. To make a long story short...

*We missed the turn in to a hotel at about 5am and our little Camry sunk down in a ditch about 4 feet.

*We were stuck in a hotel for 3 nights before we could continue on our adventure.

*One perk was that the hotel had an indoor pool and spa to help the day go by because the whole town was closed.

We finally got to Danyelle and Eric's house. We had a great time. I think the boys destroyed her house every 5 minutes. I guess I don't realize how full of energy they are until I have to tame them in someone else's house.


We stayed until Wednesday morning because the weather looked like it was going to be okay. We got about 20 miles out of Columbia, MO and I hit black ice going 60-70 mph. The first hit put us in a spin and we hit the guard rail 3 times in the front and back. Of course the car was totaled but at lease we were all okay.

We got a flight out ASAP to come home. This is a picture of the boys on the Shuttle Bus taking us to the Airport. They are such good travelers!

We got home, FINALLY, and I remembered how much I love Houston, TX (especially the winters)!

THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE DEAL...MY BRAND NEW 2011 TUNDRA CREW MAX!
After my luck with cars and just life in general this last year, Scott thought it would be best if I drove something a little bigger and safer. I never thought I would want to drive such a massive truck but I guess I am a true blue Texan now!






















No comments: