Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Summer... Summer Time!"


Summer has finally arrived but it has felt more like Spring the last few days. We are getting some rain...which I love, but it has put a damper on our trips to the pool. The boys are getting cute little tans and making lots of friends. I promise to post a picture as soon as I remember to bring the camera!

Scott is still learning. I guess that is what he does. If not for the CPA exam, it's something else. He is always learning how to do something on the internet. I admire him for his love of learning and I know that someday all these little things will take him to big places. There is something so attractive about a big Nerd! (at least to me...I love ya babe!)

As for me, I started training for a half marathon last week with one of my friends. She just graduated with a degree in Modern Dance and has been in a dance company for the last few years. Anyone who says that dancers aren't in great shape have never tried to workout with them. We strap on our iPods and I just try and keep up. I am praying for red lights to give us a rest but she would rather sprint through them so we can make good time. Just when I think I am going to die she says, "Let's run a couple more miles."She is my new hero to say the least. I am just thankful she still lets me run with her. I haven't been pushed like that since I was running Varsity Track as a Sophomore in High School. It feels great except for all the blisters. We'll see if I can build up fast enough for the race in August. I'll keep you posted.

Life is good!

3 comments:

Candace said...

I'm sorry about the rain, maybe you should just move to Arizona the sun is always shining! I'm also sorry about the CPA Scott, that is no fun and I wish you all the luck in the world, even though you probably don't need it. Welp keep us posted on the happenings. We love you guys!

Candace said...

Oh I forgot to comment on the running, that is so awesome I'm still trying to work up to 5 miles, you go girl!

Brandon Wright said...

Ashley! Last time I saw you, there was just a little one in your tummy and now you have two adorable little boys! Way to go! They are too cute! How are you and your family? I found you through your lil sister Lacey and I can't beleieve she is getting married! Well, I hope all is well. Can't wait to hear how you are doing!