Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Don't Mess with Texas"

I have always wanted to say that but I promise, I won't again! So we made it to Houston, Texas...more specifically, Humble (pronounced "Umble") has become our new home. Scott did a great job at picking out an apartment. The location is great and it's very quiet, unless you notice the airplanes landing just past our house every 5 minutes. So here are a few things we have learned about living here so far...

1. It is soooo humid and hot! We knew that but it really hits you in the face when you live in it. It has rained almost everyday since we have lived here which is nice. And when it rains, it pours. I thought it was snowing the other day because the rain was so think you couldn't see through it. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The people are rediculessly kind and respectful. I am going to have to get used to being called "Mam" all the time.

3. You can't get ANY TV channels when you live by the airport! We tried to forgo cable but being two miles from "George Bush InterContenential Airport" doesn't allow any signals through. Daniel loves all the airplanes. He gets to see about 200 land a day.

4. There are trees everywhere! We live 1/2 a mile from the interstate and can't see anything. We feel like we live in the middle of the woods. It's really nice especially when you live in a place as big as Houston.

Well, Scott hasn't started work yet so we are just hanging out. We have gone shoppping a lot and can't wait to finish furnishing and decorating our nice little apartment. I will post pictures when we get a bit more done.

I am loving my huge kitchen and vaccuming real carpet for the first time. Oh, and laundry and dishes are a breeze with a laundry room and dishwasher. I am also excited to start swimming laps next week in the morning for exercise. It still never gets cooler than 80 here so 7am is a perfect time to hit the pool.

Daniel is learning to read and loves it. I think he'll be a genius like his dad. I thought I would add a couple cute videos of Archie. He is the clown of the family for sure.

So all in all, we are loving it so far! I will have more pictures later and news about Scott when he starts his job in a couple weeks. For now, "I'll talk to ya'll later, ya here!"

4 comments:

allisonlaurel said...

That makes me miss Houston so much! We lived in the Cy-Fair area so it was pretty close. I don't miss the humidity, though- you can keep that! Enjoy our old stompin' ground!

Brittany Hall said...

I'm glad you made it through your move and found an apartment! Dishwashers and washer/dryers are great!!! I'll be watching your blog for pics-

Brandon Wright said...

you sure sound like you fit in already there ash! :) Make sure and say.....ya'll come back now ya hear! Say it a lot! YEAH!! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope someday we can start a little family and move out of Utah. One day......one day.

Candace said...

I cant believe you are true Texan's now. All you need are some belt buckles, cowboy hats, and boots and you are in business. I can always lend you mine from my old Spanish Fork, or like we like to say Spanish FARK, Days. Anyway I will be waiting for the pics. It sounds like you are going to fit right in with all the nice people around you. You should give me a ring when you can. I would love to here how everything is going with you the boys and Scott. Till then, YEEHAH!