It has been an emotionally draining thing for Scott and I but the boys didn't skip a beat. They ran around in their diapers for a couple days because of the heat and they loved the cold baths and candles. We are so happy to have our power back and are praying for all those that are still suffering. Scott was able to go work with the LDS disaster relief group and had a lot of fun. I am sure he will be doing that often for a while.
Here is a little video I took the morning after the storm. It was just a tropical storm by this time but was still amazing to see.
We loved the view from our apartment before but we now have a "lake-front" view thanks to the storm. We are so thankful there was a place for all that water to go! It looked so beautiful the night after the storm with a full moon shining on the lake. Here are a couple pics of the beautiful sight.
The boys lived it up finding whatever was around to play in. They sure are cute half naked babies!
He did get the present he wanted...a 50'' Plasma TV. I don't think he is complaining. Everyone was looking at me weird though because they were all loading water and essintials into their car and I just had this huge TV. I just kept saying, "It's my husband's birthday!"
So hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Until then we will just chill in our comfy apartment.
3 comments:
I commented on the wrong post!! sounds typical doesn't it. scroll down.
Wow, love the furniture! Are the white pieces beadboard IKEA? I'm glad that you made it through the storm!
Ashley I am so glad that you guys made it through the storm.. I found you blog so I thought I would comment on it! well I am glad that everything is going good for you guys! Ashley
Post a Comment